Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jaw issues and blessings

So remember the "freaky" tape on my face post. Well, I had decided to go back to physical therapy on my own, but could tell that something still wasn't right. So, I went to the jaw specialist yesterday and found out why my jaw has flared up so bad again.

2 years ago when I went to see him, he said that I had 10% bone loss on the right side of my jaw. He told me to take a whole list of supplements for a year and wear a jaw splint (that he made for me) every night.

So they did a CT Scan and found that I now have 30% bone loss on the right side. 20% in 2 years??? I asked him if he thought that I would lose more bone. He said he didn't think so. He told me to start taking the supplements again (I was told to take them for a year last time so I haven't taken them for a while). I have to go back in a month and see how it is going...then in 6 months I have to do another CT Scan. It sounds like there is not much they can do. He talked about possibly building up the teeth on my left side since the teeth on the right side are hitting first due to the bone loss. Seems like a bandaid to me...but it sounded like there was nothing else he could do.

I think I am just worried that if I keep losing bone at that rate that I won't have anything left on the right side in 7 years...

THEN...I went to Enrichment night last night and listened to Angela Eschler the author of Love Letters of Joseph & Emma. It was very humbling to listen to all the trails that Emma and Joseph faced. I felt like I shouldn't be complaining about my life. I do have a great life and everyone has issues they are dealing with. I have so many blessings! I am so grateful for my wonderful family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am greatful for you!! (o: Love you!

Drizzle said...

Wow! What is causing the bone loss? And why only on one side?
I missed the Enrichment meeting, I was home baking cookies and making Christmas crafts with my kids. But it sounds like it was a great meeting. I'm sure just about anybody's life would look rosy when compared with Joseph and Emma. They went through much more than I could ever handle.

Wendy Evans said...

Oh my gosh... That is scary. I think you should try to find out why? I to felt that my life is so rich with blessings after that meeting. It was so wonderful and really put things back into perspective for me. Take care and let me know if I can help in anyway. You are awesome.