Wow! The Borg's are an amazing family! I can't believe that I am still amazed how the Lord works everything out. I shouldn't be...but I always am.
I was able to go to the Face to Face meeting with Skyler & Jen last Thursday. I didn't mean to stay the whole time but wasn't sure when to leave. It was really awesome! I am so proud of Sky and Jen for being so mature about their decision to place this baby.
Dylan is the name that Brett and Jenny have picked out for him. We all love it. I know that Brett and Jenny will love Dylan and that they already do. I can't believe that Jen is due 2 weeks from yesterday. She has still not progressed at all as far as dialating or anything. She doesn't go back to the doctor until the 22nd and Dylan is still up in her ribs...so...I don't think this baby is coming early...but you never know. Maybe he is giving his family some time to get to know Jen and Sky better first.
I talked to Jen yesterday and she said that she feels 100% better after meeting Brett & Jenny. I know that it will still be hard but there is no way to describe the comfort that you get by meeting the family and knowing that your baby is going where he is supposed too. What a blessing adoption is...on both sides.
Brett & Jenny have a little girl named Haylee. She is adorable and I know that Dylan will fit right in their little family. I can't believe how open adoption is now. They exchanged phone numbers at the Face to Face and they gave me their blog address so we could stay up to date. Things have really changed, but I know that the Lord is still involved and works things out the way that they need too. I am so grateful for the chance to help them and be involved in some small way with this whole process. What an amazing adventure we are all in for.
Arkansas
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment